Recycling for Raptors
Help protect raptors and the world we share by recycling your used inkjet cartridges.
You are invited to participate in The Raptor Center’s Recycling for Raptors program. Started in 2003, this activity helps individuals and organizations recycle their inkjet printer cartridges while raising funds to support The Raptor Center.
Did you know that nearly one million cartridges are disposed of each day in the United States? Current estimates reveal that approximately 30% of ink cartridges are being recycled. While that is a good start, about 70% are still going to landfills, and it can take as long as 450 years for a cartridge to decompose in a landfill.
Join forces with The Raptor Center today by donating your used cartridges in one of the following ways:
• If you have any questions, you can contact us at (612) 624-6945 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twin Cities Metro Area
• Assist us with reducing the cost of postage and drop off your used cartridges at one of the following public drop-off locations on the pdf map you can download below. We are continuing to expand our drop off locations throughout the Twin Cities; please check back for updates on new locations.
To download a map of locations in pdf format, click here.
To download a list of drop-off locations in pdf format, click here.
Outside the Twin Cities Metro Area
• Visit our public drop off sites outside of the metro area.
- Northland Arboretum, 14250 Conservation Drive, PO Box 375, Brainerd, MN 56401
- St. Peter Co-op, 228 Mulberry Street, St. Peter, MN 56082
- Wild Bird Center of Waite Park, 103 Division Street, Waite Park, MN
- Computer Guys, 131 Broad Street, Prescott, WI 54021
Check back as we are hoping to add more drop off locations in other parts of Minnesota in the future.
Outside of Minnesota
If you, your employer or your organization, are interested in collecting cartridges for the Recycling for Raptors program, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We would especially love to have more opportunities for public drop off sites throughout the state. We provide collection containers.
The Raptor Center and Recycling for Raptors is proud to partner with the University of Minnesota’s ReUse program. The public can drop off cartridges and take advantage of this program’s commitment to recycle items.
Please help keep inkjets out of landfills and help The Raptor Center’s treatment of sick and injured raptors, educational and research activities. We greatly appreciate your interest in The Raptor Center and thank you for your support.
With the help of many individuals and organizations throughout the United States, The Raptor Center has recycled approximately 170,000 ink cartridges - amounting to over 8 tons of materials - since Recycling for Raptors began! In 2012 alone, 13,570 cartridges were recycled.